Otari Electronics has comprehensive capabilities in electronics design, manufacture, testing, and assembly. Our standards are extremely high, and all of our products undergo rigorous testing before shipment to the customer.
Otari Electronics is the designer and manufacturer of the range of OtariRail branded railway electronics products, which are marketed by Otari Rail International. We have a long history of engineering intelligent solutions for our customers.
Otari Electronics was founded in 1981 with the mission of improving rail safety and enhancing the efficiency of railway operations.
- Locolog, the forerunner to Tranzlog, was released that same year, and over the following years was commercialized by PEC and sold to New Zealand Rail, STA of South Australia, Queensland Rail, and Canadian Pacific Railways.
- In 1993 Otari Electronic’s innovative Electric Rail Fault Location System, which was fitted throughout New Zealand’s main trunk line, was a finalist in the prestigious ECNZ Lord Ernest Rutherford Awards.
- Between 1994-2002, Servicetrack was developed by Otari Electronics and deployed in computer rooms across New Zealand; this computer room monitoring system represented a major advance in the safety and security of corporate IT.
- Other advanced rail products were being developed during this period, including our innovative Ecolight lighting system.
- From 2003 onwards Tranzlog was installed across the New Zealand rail network. This highly advanced locomotive event recorder and data logger has been continually improved over time, and today combines the latest in software and semiconductor technology to rank as a best-in-class option for rail operators looking to enhance the efficiency and security of their rolling stock.